- Area Homes and Land
- Our Mountain Town
- Pine Mountain Lake
- Nearby Area Attractions
- Buyers and sellers
- Home Staging
Area Homes and Land
- REMAX.com – Look up all the houses for sale in the United States! Or just our Hetch Hetchy Multiple listing Service
- Realtor.com – The Granddaddy of real estate websites
Our Mountain Town
- Yosemite Chamber of Commerce – Groveland’s chamber members and activities like 49er Festival, Chili Cookoff, Safe and Sane Halloween. Photos
- Park Service Road Conditions – Yosemite roads status, stream flows, whether you need chains.
- CalTrans Road Conditions –
For Highway 120
- Stanislaus National Forest – Campgrounds, day use sites, hiking, Cherry Lake, Tuolumne River
- Tuolumne County Visitor’s Bureau – All the outdoor activities you love… skiing, biking, hiking, rafting, fishing, camping, and more. The arts, theater, museums, and entertainment abound. In the Sierra Nevada foothills, you won’t feel crowded. You’ll have that great unfenced feeling because there are so many different things to do while in the historic Gold Country.
- My Mother Lode News & Information – Loaded with community information. Also has a complete list of churches by denomination.
- Southside Community Connections – a Groveland non profit with fun and educational programs at The Little House, plus a transportation program called Wheels, and an “aging in place” program Village on the Hill.
- Cabin Radio KKBN 93.5 – News and Events in Tuolumne County
- Tuolumne County Movie – This is a link to a 6 minute movie of local scenes on the TC film commission site, tc.org
- Tuolumne River Preservation – From the group that helped get the Wild and Scenic status for our incredible river that starts 11,000 feet high in Yosemite Park. They host the Watershed Center in Groveland during the summer. Information on river flows, hikes, rafting companies, and preservation of the Tuolumne and Clavey River
- Big Oak Flat/Groveland School District
- Tuolumne County Schools – Details on services offered by the County Schools Office, located in Sonora, California
- California Dept. of Education – Go to Tuolumne County, Big Oak Flat-Groveland Unified School District to find Tenaya Elementary and Tioga High Schools
- School Information – Free school profiles for all of the United States. Click California, then Groveland, to find our schools.
- Yosemite National Park – Official government website for Yosemite. Road and weather conditions.
- Yosemite National Park Concessioner – Lodging, campground reservations, activities, weather, special offers and events, photo album
- Yosemite Webcams – Five cameras show you the current views of Tioga Pass, Sentinel Dome, Awahnee Meadow and Turtleback Dome
- Yosemite Association – Non-profit group. Outdoor seminars, preservation projects, webcams, scientific articles.
- Yosemite Institute – Outdoor education for all ages
- Tuolumne County Government – Official County website with links to each department
- Yosemite Highway Herald Newspaper – A monthly source of reader-contributed news, regular columns, and advertising covering Southern Tuolumne County and Northern Mariposa County
- Groveland Museum – Current displays, historical society program speakers.
- Iron Door Historic Saloon – Also restaurant, ice cream parlor, coffee house and GREAT MUSIC! In an 1850’s stone building- a true landmark.
- Where to Stay Near Groveland – A wonderful selection of historic hotels, inns, B& B’s, guest ranches and cabins
- MoccasinPointMarina.com – Moccasin Point Marina and Campground Don Pedro- where the water is warm and the water skiing is fast and endless
- Don Pedro Reservoir – Along Highway 49/120
- Mountain Sage Nursery Etc – A nursery that also sells fine photographs, coffee, clothes, maps, books and assorted fun stuff. Summer outdoor music conerts, too.
- Badger Pass Ski Area
- Wilderness Permits – Plus other travel and dining information from the website YosemiteGold.com
- Tuolumne Trails Kids Camp – A brand new camp for kids with special needs
- Strawberry Music Festival – Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends at Camp Mather on Evergreen Road. Outdoor music, great names and new names, jam sessions, family activities for one day or all four days.
- Yosemite Area Information – Maps, fishing tips, wilderness permits, videos of waterfalls, bears, Tuolumne Meadows
- What Does Wikipedia Think? – Link to a couple pages on our area
- Private Guide to traveling to and within Yosemite
- Columbia Community College – About a 40 minute drive North of Groveland
- Golf at Mountain Springs – Southeast of Sonora and no houses around the course.
- ARTA River Tours – American River Touring Association, a nonprofit corporation with 42 years experience.
- California Whitewater Rafting – Featuring the Tuolumne River
- Echo Trips River Rafting – River rafting trips on the Tuolumne River
- Sierra Mac River Trips – Offering whitewater rafting on the Tuolumne River and Cherry Creek
- Zephyr Whitewater River Rafting
- Whitewater Voyages – In Groveland’s back yard: the Tuolumne River. Half day to 5 day tours; also the Merced River in Yosemite.
- Railroad State Park in Jamestown – Guide to tours and events at Railtown 1897
- Columbia State Park – Re-creation of a Gold Rush era town, located a couple miles North of Sonora
- Sierra Repertory Theater – Year-round professional plays at two theaters in Columbia and Sonora. Superb actors, old standards and new plays.
- Hotel Charlotte – Historic and affordable 10-room B&B hotel on Groveland’s Main Street. Guests enjoy free Internet access, daily buffet breakfast, TV and Game Room, and full porch overlooking downtown Groveland.
- Groveland Hotel – Gourmet restaurant and 22 rooms in a beautifully refurbished 1850’s building, next to the Iron Door
- Yosemite Rose Bed & Breakfast – An 1800’s Italianate Revival Victorian built in 2002 on 90 acres with pond, about 18 miles to Yosemite’s Highway 120 entrance. Five guest rooms with private baths, billiards room, music room, library and separate private “honeymoon cottage”. Beautifully decorated, gorgeous views, horse stables, walking trails.
- Evergreen Lodge – Near Camp Mather on the way to Hetch Hetchy Reservoir. Also has a restaurant.
- Berkshire Inn – Bed and Breakfast, Built in 1988, this sprawling lodge sits high on 20 wooded acres one mile East of Groveland, with nature trails and beautiful vistas.
- Blackberry Inn Bed & Breakfast – On five acres off of Highway 120 about 7 miles East of Groveland
- Sunset Inn – Cabins near the Yosemite entrance on Highway 120
- Yosemite Pines RV Park – Just 2 miles from Groveland, with pool, store, tent sites, tent rentals, and recreation hall
- Sierra Wilderness Seminars – Including snowboarding, mountain climbing, basic backpacking and women only courses in Yosemite
- Gold Prospecting – In Jamestown, Expeditions and Adventure Trips.
- Hiking Tours – Guided hiking tours with YExplore, from easy to strenuous; for artists, photographers, alpinists or families
- Ansel Adams Gallery – In Yosemite: prints, gifts, posters, books
- Hetchy Hetchy Valley Reservoir – The “other” Yosemite Valley that John Muir fought to preserve, but is now filled with water.
- Air Tours Over Yosemite Scenery – Springfield Flying Service offers custom airplane (and biplane) tours as well as pilot lessons.
- Sonora Regional Medical Center – Finished in 2003 and operated by Adventists, they have a Groveland medical clinic too
- California Department of Fish and Game – Advice for common human-wildlife interactions, including “Keep Me Wild” tips for living around bears, mountain lions, coyotes, deer and wild turkeys
- Sonora Area Foundation
Pine Mountain Lake
- RE/MAX video showing the area. We sold our Vacation rental division to Vacasa in 2016, but this is a still good overview. Shot in late winter, so not as green and blue as in spring and summer.
- Pine Mountain Lake Homeowners Association – Check it for golf rates, restaurant menus, activities schedule, general information about amenities, etc
- Golf at Pine Mountain Lake – 18 hole championship course open to the public-reduced rates for property owners and guests.
- Pine Mountain Lake Aviation Association – The pilots at PML have monthly dinner meetings with outstanding speakers. This is a large and socially active group of flying enthusiasts. Their website features links to their newsy color newsletters and is quick to navigate. A membership application is on-line.
- PML Airport Info – Describes the Pine Mtn Lake airport
- Pine Mountain Lake – The Encyclopedia Version
- Aerial Photo – From Wikimapia. Zoom in and look around
- Google Aerial Photo of PML – Click on “Hybrid” to get the street map super-imposed on the aerial photo
Nearby Area Attractions
Highway 108 and Calaveras County – North of Groveland
- Sonora Historic Downtown
- Black Oak Casino – Gambling, shows, restaurants, bowling. In Tuolumne City, about an hour drive from Groveland
- Dodge Ridge Ski Resort – On Highway 108 about a 90 minute drive from Groveland
- Golf at Greenhorn Creek – Angels Camp, Calaveras County. 18 holes, par 72
- Golf at Saddle Creek – Semi-private resort, 18 holes, par 72, 6015 yards from the whites, near Copperopolis in Calaveras County
- Twisted Oak Winery – One of our favorite wineries, located off Highway 4 near Murphys
- New Melones Reservoir – Camping, fishing, and hiking information. Located on the Stanislaus River northwest of Sonora
- Historic Highway 49 – History, photographs, points of interest
- Cavern Tours – Moaning Cavern site
On the East side of the Sierra, along Highway 395
- June Lake
- Mono County
- Town of Lee Vining
- Bridgeport Area
- Bodie Ghost Town – Bodie Ghost Town State Historic Park, East of Highway 395, near Bridgeport
- Mono Lake – Mono Lake is a majestic body of water covering about 65 square miles. It is an ancient lake, over 1 million years old – one of the oldest lakes in North America. It has no outlet . Located on Highway 395, 13 miles east of Yosemite National Park, near the town of Lee Vining, California.
- More Mammoth Lakes
- Devils Postpile National Monument
Coming to Groveland from the Central Valley and the Bay Area
- Oakdale – On Highway 120 – a great place to get your groceries or lunch on the way to Groveland. Rodeo in April, chocolate festival in May.
- “Cowboy Capital of the World” – Visit the museum and get info on the Annual Testicle Festival – you’ll have a ball! Christmas Western Craft Show in November.
Mariposa County – South of Groveland
- Art Galleries Mariposa County – Local art exhibits inspired by the Sierra and nature. Ccourtesy of the Sierra Art Trails website.
- Mariposa Chamber of Commerce – This links to the ” Where to Play” section, but you can look elsewhere on the site. Mariposa County does not have ANY stoplights.
- State Mining & Mineral Museum or parks.ca.gov – If you like exotic or expensive rocks, and huge gold nuggets, stop by
Buyers and Sellers
- RE/MAX.com – International franchise website, this links to the buyer and seller tips
- Yosemite Title Company – Offices in Groveland, Sonora, and Twain Harte, underwritten by Stewart title insurance
- First-time homeowners – IRS site.
- MKI Home Inspections – Ordering an inspection, what it covers, client expectations, environmental issues.
- 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges – Starker Services is a nationwide accommodator for 1031 IRS exchanges PRESERVE YOUR PROFITS!!!
- Tax Exchange Qualified Intermediaries – The Federation of Exchange Accommodators FAQ on home exchanges.
- Bank of America Learning Center – Up-to-date information on home equity loans and lines of credit, rates, and other types of loans and mortgages on one of the best bank sites.
- Home Mortgage Rates – Check on current loan rates.
- Mortgage 101 – Mortgage information, interest rates, mortgage calculators, quick-and-easy pre-qualification forms, and much more.
- The Moving Coach – This free program helps you identify, communicate with, and contract with top moving companies. Exclusively available to customers of RE/MAX,”Van Lines Made Simple” provides insurance, price guarantees and discounts. This is a “no fee” move management assistance service.
- Home Fair – Buying or selling a home and relocating
- Home Repair – Hometime website
- Remodeling, gardening, cleaning, hardware warehouse on-line – Home improvement and real estate and a whole lot more including shopping on-line.
- Home Buying Institute
- Tuolumne County Ordinances – Those most relevant to real estate are Title 17 ZONING, Title 15 BUILDING, and Title 11 ROAD STANDARDS
- Home Staging: Dreams and Nightmares – Pine Mountain Lake News Articles plus Local Photo Examples
- HGTV Top 35 Home Staging Tips – Lots of Photo Examples
- Why Home Staging Works – from the SixElements website. Check out the rest ofl the Articles &Photos section
- 100 Features in Home Staging – From HGTV’s shows Designed to Sell, The Stagers, Get it Sold, Secrets That Sell, Curb Appeal , and The Unsellables.
- Home and Garden TV index of shows. Go to the home page of HGTV.com and scroll down to the Index of Shows. Pick the show, like “Designed to Sell”, enter a date range, and it will go to descriptions of episodes during that time.
- EnergizedSeller.com Articles
- HomeStagingChannel.com Tips
- Staging Diva’s Top Ten Tips to turn Your House into a Show Home
- Home Staging Resource – Staging Gallery of Room Photographs
- Top Ten Reasons You Should Stage Your Home – From Home Staging Resource.
The Yosemite Gold Team
CA Broker DRE license #00975527